Posting #: 23-52/53
Location: Kitchener or SSM
Job Type: Regular
Are you a community-minded person that’s passionate about investing locally and giving back to your community? Do you like working with other awesome and like-minded people toward a common goal?
Here at Your Neighbourhood Credit Union (YNCU), we are all about putting our money where our mouth is and keeping our dollars local and investing back into our members, staff, and community; and we are looking for people like you to join our team.
Take a look at this job posting, and if it’s a good fit, we encourage you to apply. If it’s not for you but you know someone that may be better suited for it, we welcome you to share it with them! Thanks for checking us out!
Reporting to the VP, Digital and Business Technology, the Business Systems Analyst III supports the development and delivery of business and technology initiatives across the organization with a commitment to member experience, service excellence and continuous improvement. The Business Systems Analyst elevates the member experience by investigating and resolving application issues, ensuring the quality of new functionality and services, as well as supporting change efforts to increase the adoption of changes introduced by the team.
The Business systems Analyst III will be responsible for leading initiatives to deliver financial products or enhancements to the organization that aligns with YNCU Principles. This role will work independently with stakeholders to brainstorm, document requirements and guide the stakeholder with defining test cases as well as the delivery and implementation of its deliverables.
- Coordinating efforts for the full life cycle of the product development
- Lead the planning and coordination for releases to technology systems supported by the Business Solutions team
- Work closely with Project Manager (PM) and actively participate in all phases of assigned projects as required including but not limited to scope setting, requirements gathering, testing, implementation, documentation/communication and training/transition
- Act as PM when internal or external PM is not assigned to the initiatives
- Mentor and support team members
- Closely collaborate with other team members and leads across BSA, Dev, BI and IT teams to develop an open, trusted win-win relations.
- Independently track effort and progress using department tools for initiatives lead by or assigned
- Triage reported issues based on priority and scope to ensure a quicker resolution
- Liaise with third parties to troubleshoot technology production issues or implement new technology services as required
- Develop and execute a test plan strategy, prepare test cases, conduct user acceptance testing and log issues for quality assurance purposes
Why work at YNCU?
YNCU employees get to be a part of the growing credit union movement and help us get the word out on why banking locally is so important. We’re your friendly, helpful, and financially savvy neighbour who provides tailored financial services to our members, supports small businesses, creates local jobs, and gives back to causes that matter. Through our Good Neighbours Employee Volunteer Program and Monthly Staff Donation Draws, we even let you choose the causes we donate to and support.
- Certified Ontario Living Wage Employer
- 2022 Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month Great Employer Award
- Employer under The Career Directory (2023): Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates
- Flexible work arrangements once fully oriented
- Competitive Compensation, Incentive Programs and Benefits
- Remote/working from home hybrid option once fully oriented
- 37.5-hour work week
- 7% matching pension
- Benefits are 100% paid for by YNCU
- Wellness Initiatives including our Employee and Family Assistance Program, premium membership for Calm, Consult+, and LIFT Virtual Fitness
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Community Sponsored Events Employee and paid Volunteer opportunities
- Fun Squad
- Free banking account
- Discounted Employee Rates
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary diploma, degree and/or certification in related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in business analysis. IIBA certification considered an asset.
- Minimum three years’ experience in financial services. Experience in a branch, back office processing, IT or related areas would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of the business application systems supported by the team
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically with MS Office, Excel and Azure DevOps
- Experience in Agile methodology, processes and tools considered an asset
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours as required to support scheduled release upgrades and/or fixes and implementations
- Must be bondable
To be considered for this opportunity please apply on our website at https://careers.yncu.com/business-systems-analyst-iii.
YNCU strives to be a diverse workplace reflective of the communities that we live in. We are committed to a diverse workforce and invite everyone to apply. YNCU makes hiring decisions solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
YNCU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by national, provincial, or municipal laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
Your Neighbourhood Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected].