Last Updated On 4 June 2023, 9:53 AM EDT (Toronto Time)
Correctional Service Canada is currently accepting resume for multiple IT Jobs at 40 locations without any prior experience.
The Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) is the federal government body in charge of enforcing sentences of two years or more imposed by the courts.
CSC is in charge of administering facilities of varying security levels as well as overseeing criminals on conditional release in the community.
Individuals currently residing in Canada as well as Canadian permanent residents and citizens abroad are eligible to apply for these jobs.
Veterans will be given priority followed by Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Correctional Service Canada is accepting resume for inventory of IT-01, IT-02, IT-03, and IT-04 level positions under 8 divisions listed below:
- Application Services
- Business Transformation and Innovation
- Enterprise and Client Services
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Data and Information Management
- IMS Strategic Planning
- IT Security
- Performance Measurement and Management Reports
- Alberta: Drumheller, Edmonton, Grande Cache, Maskwacis, Red Deer
- British Columbia: Abbotsford, Agassiz, Mission, New Westminster, Vancouver Island – Other locations, Vancouver Region – Other locations.
- Manitoba: Stony Mountain and Winnipeg.
- New Brunswick: Dorchester, Moncton, Renous
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. John’s
- Nova Scotia: Dartmouth, Springhill, and Truro.
- Ontario: Campbellford, Gravenhurst, Kingston, Kitchener, Ottawa, Toronto, Eastern Ontario – Other locations.
- Quebec: Cowansville, Donnacona, Drummondville, Joliette, La Macaza, Laval, Port-Cartier, Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Sainte-Thérèse, Montréal – Other locations.
- Saskatchewan: Maple Creek, Prince Albert, and Saskatoon.
- IT-01: $60,696 to $78,216
- IT-02: $75,129 to $91,953
- IT-03: $88,683 to $110,182
- IT-04: $101,541 to $126,390
Graduation from a two-year program of study at a recognized postsecondary institution with an appropriate specialization in computer science, information technology, information management, or similar expertise relevant to the position to be filled.
Individuals having degree from outside Canada will need to submit their Degree equivalency assessed by list of approved organizations.
These jobs are open for individuals meeting the either one of the various language requirements as listed below:
- Only English
- Only French
- English or French essential
- Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB
- Bilingual imperative CBC/CBC
- Bilingual imperative CCC/CCC
Competencies and abilities required for these jobs
These jobs could be a best fit for you, if you have below listed competencies and abilities:
- Showing honesty and respect
- Thinking things through Collaboration with others
- Demonstrating initiative and action-oriented
- Leading Change and developing people
- Capability to properly convey in writing
- Ability to properly communicate orally
- Willing to work overtime
- Willing to travel occasionally
How to Apply
All you need to participate in this inventory is recently updated resume and contact information for 2 references.
Apart from this, once you are selected you will need to have a valid driving license as well as have to under reliability/secret security clearance check.
Click on the links below for more information on these jobs and to apply online.
What is inventory for Government of Canada jobs?
Usually, inventory means a pool of qualified candidates is established and used to fill similar positions across the country in a particular government of Canada department for which you submit your profile.
Applying once allows you to be considered for several jobs in the same department. If your application is not chosen for one position, it stays in the inventory and could be chosen for subsequent jobs that arise while the inventory is still available.
Is it hard to get Government of Canada job?
Yes, Government of Canada jobs are highly competitive and it may require more than the minimum requirement to get selected for a particular job.