Responsible for performing analysis and reporting, while contributing to recommendations for the business unit. Makes process improvements and adjustments to existing reporting models. Assists in small to medium projects, which may involve developing solution for problems within the business unit. Helps to resolve problems or issues through methods of trouble shooting, as well as separate analysis. Using sound information and theory, provides management with recommended actions to resolve issues or create value for the business.
Key Responsibilities :
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively recommend solutions that best address the requirements. Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks, through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements. Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications and project documentation.
- Gather business information and incorporate into project plans, process specifications, test plans and implementation plans for new and/or enhanced business needs. Define and monitor implementation tasks such as the production check-out process to ensure solution meets the stated needs. Complete all operational support documents for assigned work, as needed. Facilitate walkthroughs of deliverables. Provide timely and accurate information on work.
- Drive issue resolution to solve a variety of complex business and/or system-related problems or opportunities.
- Identify and implement process improvements that produce quantifiable results. Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project. Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most efficient and effective solutions to the business partners. Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project. Educate business partners on capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques
- Leverage technical knowledge and business acumen to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture.
Required Qualifications :
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in similar role including business analysis and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience providing accurate, timely and responsive services on solving complex problems or business improvement opportunities.
- Data orientated mind set with a excellent understanding of controls and risk mitigation.
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage the test life cycle, ensuring user requirements are met and stakeholders are aligned with solution.
- Ability to define an implementation plan and perform quality inspections
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand technology as it relates to the business functions and clearly communicate technology-related information
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the department and across business functions
Preferred Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of asset manager systems and data flow across back, middle and front office.
- Strong understanding of retail pooled products.
- InvestOne/Investment Accounting Manager application experience, including working in or supporting retail pooled product accounting, administration or similar functions.
- Experience with the development life cycle and methodologies such as Agile and Lean.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Office, JIRA, AWS, SQL, MS Visio.
- Experience with business process modeling.
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses – Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations
Line of Business
AMINV US Asset Management